- Danielle Woerner, Co-Founder and Artistic Director of the Sunrise County Arts Institute, is an internationally renowned singer and recording artist; a dedicated voice teacher whose students range from successful professionals to happily active amateurs; a songwriter; and a nationally published/awarded journalist and poet.
- Danielle's on the voice faculty of the Ellsworth Community Music Institute (ECMI), in addition to SCAI's studio in Milbridge
- She also gives private lessons to MDI High School
students, and adults in the region [currently online]...
- ... and [pre-Covid] directed a cooperative children's chorus venture with the ECMI Youth Chorale and the Bagaduce Chorale
- SCAI is completing a project, "Sunrise Voices," with Healthy Acadia's Partnerships for Success, producing a virtual music-and-theater video project involving area teens and preteens in an original show. We're also providing free workshops in cooperation with this wonderful organization.
Friends of SCAI: We thank our charitable and local business supporters, including:
And our anonymous private donors.
Fellow Arts, Education, and Environmental Organizations In Our Area
- Maine Bicycle Coalition & its annual BikeMaine tour, which came to Milbridge in 2016!
- What fun! Downeast Rapid Transit is an imaginative public art project creating a fanciful "subway system" to navigate our coastal area. In 2016 our Center on Fish Point become one of the stops on the virtual DRT.
This list is growing... check back again! And please share your suggestions and introductions.